Cultural and historical monuments
Hadzi- Prodan Cave is named after Hadzi-Prodan, Duke of Karadjordje, who was hiding in the cave during rebellions. This cave is located in the valley of Rascici river , named Rascici Cave as well, formerly known as Sljepaja, 7 km far from Ivanjica, on 600 m above sea level
This remarkable church is located in the very centre of Ivanjica. The church was built during 1836.-1838., just three years after the province had been officially constituted. This is the only building dating back to that period in Ivanjica. The church remained intact during two fires that burned down the complete town.
One of the special interests of every visitor coming to Ivanjica is the stone bridge on Javor – Dragacevo road. This is the biggest single arch bridge in Balkans , built on the principle of wedges, without binding materials used. The bridge, made of big stone blocks, was built by italian masters during 1904.-1906.
This monument, in the centre of the town, was built in April 2003. in a tribute to significant serbian general, the leader of Ravna Gora rebelions during II World War, the General and Commander of The Yugoslav Royal Army in Serbia. The statue of the general, with his memorial house as a part of the monument complex, is planned to be turned into Museum and Library of Ravna Gora rebelions.
Located in the centre of Ivanjica, this monument is the masterpeace of wellknown artist and revolutionary Djordje Andrejevic Kun. The monument is made in mosaic technique with dimensions of 5x2m, and 4 m high, representing people rebelion, struggle and victory over aggressor.
Lazarica church is located near Ivanjica on 780m high hill, 4 km far from the town centre. According to a legend, Bosko Jugovic was buried in this place. The legend says that a man came to Stari Vlah and this place 40 -50 years ago, and after he found a grave stone and the foundations of demolished church there, he assumed that Bosko Jugovic, the youngest son of Jugovic family, after being wounded in Kosovo battle.
This temple is in Smiljevac village, 25km southwest from Ivanjica. The temple was built inside a cliff by the river. The origin of the name of the church is the name of a village on Javor mountain. Monastery complex is made of two churches. The first one is dedicated to St Archangels Michael and Gabriel while the second one is dedicated to St Nicola. The first one, St Archangels church is in the cave part of the cliff. It is nave building with altar apse.
Located in Pridvorica , 28km southwest from Ivanjica, this monastery is the typical example of medieval Raska school of churches and monasteries building, regarding architectural characteristics of the monastery. The monastery was mentioned for the firt time in The Charter of Stefan Nemanja that is the evidence that the monastery is very old.
In village Kumanica, on 16th km southwest from Ivanjica, on the road to mountain Golija and near the ancient mill on the river, there is an old stone bridge across the river Moravica. River Moravica is more precisely West Morava in its upper flow through Ivanjica and closer to mountain Golija.
In the first rebellion war, Javor war during 1876., serbian army didnt have much success. The Battle on Kalipolje on 24. june 1876. was debackle as well. In other battles during August of the same year, serbian army succeded in stopping turkish invasions. In those battles, Major Mihailo Ilic bravely defended people of Moravica region, and died on 24. August 1876.
Many years ago, village stonemasons in western Serbia carved the figures of soldiers who died somewhere on the battlefields into soft sandstone, fighting for Serbia in the First and Second Serbian Uprising, as well as in the First World War, and the closest ones then placed it by the roads.